How do I install QuickBooks from a download?
When you install QuickBooks using these download links, the Adobe Reader and QuickBooks Timer are not installed.
To download and install:
- Click the link for your program on this page.
- When the File Download window appears, click Save (do not click Open).
- Save the file to a location that is easy to find, such as your desktop.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to start unpacking the files.
- Click Next to unpack the installation files.
- The installation will begin automatically after the files have been extracted.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- When the installation is complete, open the software using the desktop shortcut.
Payroll users ensure you are on the correct version
To check your version, open QuickBooks and press the F2 button on your keyboard. The Product Information screen will appear, your release number will be shown at the end of the top line.
QuickBooks 2016 and above will open up your ports automatically when using recommended setup. However, should you require the ports or additional help we do have more support available for Firewall and Internet security settings for updates and network access.
QuickBooks 2017 Products
- Pro 2017 + Payroll
- Premier 2017 + Payroll
- Premier Accountants Edition 2017
- Premier Accountants Edition + Payroll 2017
QuickBooks 2016 Products
QuickBooks 2015 Products
QuickBooks 2014 Products
QuickBooks 2013 Products
QuickBooks 2012 Products
QuickBooks 2010 Products
QuickBooks 2008 Products
QuickBooks 2006 Products
- SimpleStart (132 MB)
- Pro & Premier (not available)
If you are reinstalling QuickBooks, make sure you install the latest product updates available. QuickBooks will prompt you to download any new updates once the program is finished the initial install. Go here to get the latest updates for your version.