QuickBooks SimpleStart 2013The simple accounting solution – for new & home-based business
If you’re struggling to do your accounts manually or confused about complicated formula’s, QuickBooks SimpleStart is the easy to use accounting software that doesn’t require you to have any mathematical or accountancy experience.
- Manage your money in & money out by making use of the easy to follow home page and tutorials.
- Sell services and track your receivables.
- View your customer balances or daily sales with one button-click
- Add your personal touch by designing your own professional-looking invoices, quotations and statements which can be emailed to your client in PDF format.
- Record your expenses and reconcile your bank statement to ensure accurate income statements, balance sheets & trial balance reports
Processor, memory, and disk space for Windows 8, Windows 7 (incl 64 bit), Vista (incl 64 bit), or XP (SP3)
- At least 2.0GHz Pentium 4 processor for a client (2.4GHz recommended)
- At least 1 GB (2GB recommended) RAM for a client
- At least 4GB for server
- 2.5 GB of available disk space (additional space required for data files)
Disk space requirements for additional software
- 250MB for Microsoft .NET 4.0 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
Additional hardware and software
Operating systems supported (U.K. versions with Regional Language set to U.K. English recommended):
- Windows 7 (all editions except Starter and Basic)
- Windows 8, (Release 4 and greater)
- Windows XP (SP3 or later strongly recommended), all editions
- Windows Vista (w/UAC on), all editions
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- 64-bit version of above operating systems also supported
- 4x CD-ROM drive
- Optimized for 1024×768 screen resolution or higher. 1024×768 or higher is required
QuickBooks is capable of integrating with hundreds of third-party applications. The following integrations are provided with QuickBooks; additional RAM will enhance the use of these features.
See Intuit Marketplace for the most up-to-date list.
- Office 2010 (including Outlook 2010) both on 32 and 64 bit.
- Preparing letters requires Microsoft Word 2010, 2007, or 2003.
- Exporting reports requires Microsoft Excel 2010, 2007, or 2003.
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010, 2007, or 2003.
- Synchronization with Outlook requires QuickBooks Contact Sync for Outlook (the download is available at no charge).
Contact Sync does not work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. If a sync is performed, duplicate records could result
Database server requirements (Does not apply to SimpleStart)
Microsoft Windows 7 (all editions except Starter and Basic), Windows XP (SP2 or later strongly recommended), Windows Vista (with UAC on), Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Small Business Server 2008.
- Disk space requirements do not include company data files, so if you manage many companies or if your company data file is very large you may need more disk space.
- Network access speed has a strong impact on performance in networked environments (multi-user, or when accessing data files on other computers). We recommend a minimum 100Mbps network for optimal performance. VPN and wireless networks often cannot provide sufficient, reliable, low-latency performance.
- Disk access speed can affect performance. We recommend a 7200 rpm drive (or 20+ MB/sec); faster is better, and SATA is typically faster than IDE. Disks with large caches may improve performance, depending on usage. Minimum access speed is 4200 rpm.
- QuickBooks will run on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors running XP (SP3), Vista (incl 64 bit) and Windows 7(incl 64 bit), but is compiled as a 32-bit application. Some capabilities (such as memory access) may be greater on 64-bit machines.
- IE and .NET 4.0 cannot be turned off in Windows 7.
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
- Microsoft® Windows XP Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft® Windows Vista Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft® Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Symantec Norton® Antivirus, Internet Security, Norton 360
- Zone Labs’ ZoneAlarm
- Microsoft OneCare
- McAfee Anti-Virus Plus, Internet Security Suite, Total Protection
- Trend PC-Cillin, Internet Security